Checkpoints page 41.
1: Car, pillar, star, bar, dance, France, prawns, chance, glance, stance
2:words that end in -ter in American English end in -tre in British English
e.g. Theater (AE) Theatre (BE)
Monolog (AE) Monologue (BE)
Color (AE) Colour (BE)
Analyze (AE) Analyse (BE
Traveler (AE) Traveller (BE)
Language work page 41:
I am knackered and I must go to the loo:I am exhausted and I have to go to the bathroom
Are there any WCs close by? = Are there any bathrooms nearby?
Is there a chemist anywhere close?=Is there a pharmacy anywhere in the vicinity?
I am peckish=I am starving
At the zebra crossing the lollipop lady directed us to take a diversion, but my lorry was out of petrol and it was impossible= At the crossing the lady controlling traffic told us to take another route, but my truck was out of gasoline, and this rendered the request impossible
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar