I hear the faint sound of cars in the distance
Birds chirping at my side
Here in the beautiful land of the north
I my time will bide
The sun is shining down at the land
Of the land of the proud and free
But do not ask to whom it belongs
It does not belong to thee
Up here, the air is fresh
The smell of nature is clean
But all the major cities
Smell like they need some Listerine
I walked a narrow trail
To get where I am now
I will not let it get ruined
By those we before bow
They think of the good of the nation
Not of the good of the men
The women and children and dogs
Who will not see this nature again
We rush to get to work
Have to get there on time
But what we need to remember
Is there's more than your job on the line
We have a finite time on earth
Don't stress it all away
Once in a little while
From the main road you must stray
Is there's more than your job on the line
We have a finite time on earth
Don't stress it all away
Once in a little while
From the main road you must stray
A very good poem !
SvarSlettLife seems meaningless after reading your poem, great work c:
SvarSlett